List Price: $18.99
Our Price: $15.19
(Save: $3.80 20%)
Available (Ships in 1-15 Business Days)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Pop Classics series.
- #1: Home Alone: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #1) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #2: The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #2) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #3: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #3) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #4: Back to the Future: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #4) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #5: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #5) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #6: The Karate Kid: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #6) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #7: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #7) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #8: Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS (Pop Classics #8) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #10: School of Rock: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #10) (Hardcover): $15.19
- #11: A Rugrats Chanukah: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #11) (Hardcover): $15.19
Rediscover the laughter and cheer of Buddy the Elf in this adorable picture book for readers of all ages!
Buddy the Elf has more Christmas spirit than anyone, but he’s never quite fit in with the other elves at the North Pole. Then Buddy learns that he’s really a human—and his father is on the Naughty List! Determined to bring his dad some holiday cheer, he sets out for New York City. But when Santa encounters disaster on Christmas Eve, can Buddy count on his new family to help him save the day?
Kim Smith’s adorable illustrations give a nostalgic feel to this modern holiday tale. Featuring all the iconic moments and laugh-out-loud lines from the film, this story of infectious joy in the face of cynicism is a must-have for all ages.
About the Author
Kim Smith is the illustrator behind the Quirk Books Pop Classics series, including Home Alone, Home Alone 2, The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Back to the Future, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Karate Kid, and Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS. She has illustrated several other children’s books, including The Great Puppy Invasion (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2017), Builder Brothers: Big Plans (HarperCollins, 2018), and Boxitects (Clarion Books, 2020), her author/illustrator debut. Kim lives in Calgary, Alberta with her dog, Whisky, and husband, Eric. Visit her online at kimillustration.com.
“The spirit of this hilarious and cheerful Christmas story is absolutely perfectly captured, and if you were looking for one book to place under the tree this year, this has to be it.”—Dad Suggests
“Now little fans of the movie starring Will Ferrell can enjoy Buddy’s antics in this picture book that follows the movie story faithfully.”—Pioneer Press
Praise for other books in the Pop Classics series:
“Thanks to the delightful illustrations of Kim Smith, families can bond over the lovable alien and his friendship with Elliot in book form.”—Jami Ganz, Entertainment Weekly, on E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
“I was quickly won over by the charm of the writing and the awesome illustrations. Kim Smith's drawings have a distinctive style that imbues life into every single page.”—Sweety High, on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
“A lovely trip down memory lane that you can share with your little ones.”—Neatorama, on Back to the Future
“Smith’s art is excellent. . . . Her illustrations do a terrific job summing up the key moments of the movie, creating a rich picture of what happens in the film in only 40 pages.”—Comics Worth Reading, on The Karate Kid
“Kids will delight in the spooky-but goofy story and the surprise at the end, and parents will chuckle at this new take on an old favorite.”—GeekDad, on The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird
“Home Alone: The Classic Illustrated Storybook offers all the fun of the original movie in a darling hardcover package whose read-aloud story teaches lessons about responsibility and the importance of family.”—Pop Culture Insider, on Home Alone